When you need something to believe in, start with YOURSELF

Monday, February 24, 2014

Getting the Angels to Sing

I have had many people read my recent posts and ask about the reference to the “angels singing” I referred to (when walking in the doors of beauty school, meeting Penny and working in her salon, etc).  The question I have been asked is “How do I get my angels to sing?”  The phrase refers to an “aha” moment as the famous Oprah Winfrey would say.  Or intuition.  Your gut feeling.  Or, if you are religious or have a belief in God, the Holy Spirit whispering to you.  In my life, I have found this particular feeling (however YOU choose to refer to it) doesn’t usually come in a loud overwhelming feeling, but rather a peaceful quiet stillness.  It’s pure joy.  It is knowing that whatever is happening in that moment is right where you are supposed to be.

I believe for everyone this feeling happens in a different way so all I can do is tell you my own personal experience and some of the experiences I have had with friends and clients.  My client and friend Janine (name changed) hasn’t been with me for very long, but we clicked immediately.  She has a daughter who is addicted to drugs.  She has tried relentlessly to pull her daughter out of the darkness of addiction.  She, like any mother would, has sacrificed any and everything she has for her child.  And, when she asked me why her angels aren’t singing, I knew immediately how to respond.  Her angels ARE singing!  She is simply too busy with someone else’s stuff/noise to hear them.  She is exactly in this moment where she is supposed to be because she a.) has a desire to be in the right place in her life and b.) knows she needs to start putting herself first once in awhile.

I know it might seem to some it is “just” a haircut or “just” a color.  But, for everyone reading this, I need you to know, IT IS OR CAN BE SO MUCH MORE!  How many people do you allow into your personal space?  I’m talking, hands on you in your personal bubble?  Maybe your significant other, your dentist, your doctor and….YOUR HAIRDRESSER!   Janine came into the salon recently and was ready for something new.  I had the perfect idea for her.  A new cut, refresh her color, and add some bangs!  WOHOO!  But you know what?  Janine walked out of the salon today knowing she had taken a time out for herself.  I hope she knows her angels are singing.  And, I hope she prays/meditates to find out what makes them sing.  But I already know they are singing.  Because she is right where she is supposed to be. 

The only other advice I can give is to remember we are all working toward the same ultimate goal.  To be better tomorrow than we were today.  We are all on this planet together as a collective energy.  So, doesn’t it make more sense to build each other up than to tear each other down?  I might not be a therapist but I am a hairapist.  And I know when my clients leave my chair they usually say “I feel better” before they say they look better.  We all have a power inside of us to make someone’s day.  And when that happens, the angels are definitely singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Feel free to share!