When you need something to believe in, start with YOURSELF

Saturday, February 22, 2014

My (Not So Little) People


Remember the movie Ferris Bueller’s Day Off? (Yes, I just dated myself didn’t I?)  Ferris says in the movie “Life moves pretty fast.  If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”    Though I am positive he wasn’t talking about having a family, I have to tell you it definitely applies to these four amazing people in the photo above.  Time is flying by and I can hardly keep up.  One graduating high school, one in middle school, one graduating from elementary school and the littlest one is almost 8 months.

I didn’t know much about what I wanted in life but one thing I knew for sure was I wanted to be a mom.  It has been the hardest damn job I WILL EVER HAVE!  And, it  has been the most incredible motivator and blessing I will ever experience.

So, I have this picture in my head of what heaven is like.  (Yes I am going to get spiritual on you…leave now if you feel uncomfortable lol).  I imagine all of these little spirit children standing and staring at a large wall of mommies trying to pick which one they want.  And, by some amazing incredible miracle, four of them chose me.  Now, I am sure since they have been with me they have questioned their judgment a time or two.  But, I have always tried to do my best.  They are the reason I wake up in the morning and the reason I work so hard every day.  What I love most about these four children?  They are (and continue to become) amazing people.  I love spending time with them, talking with them and listening to their view of the world.  And, I love that they love each other.  Our house is chaos but I must say it is organized chaos.  And I wouldn’t have it any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Feel free to share!