When you need something to believe in, start with YOURSELF

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Bosom Friends

“A bosom friend–an intimate friend, you know–a really kindred spirit to whom I can confide my inmost soul.”- Anne of Green Gables
It is rare to meet someone and know almost instantly, you were meant to know them.  I have a few people like this in my life.  And, during the really tough times, I appreciate them the most.
A hairapist is usually listening to the troubles of others.  Whether it’s about hair or life, we try hard to take it all in and help where we can.  And, then there are those times, when we are burdened with our own “stuff” and need a person to hear our woes.  Yesterday was one of those days for me.  And one of my dear friends listened to me cry and helped me through.
I believe sometimes, our angels are singing and we are too caught up in feeling the bad stuff in life to hear the good.  And, in these times, it’s the support and love of those around us we trust who help us stop and listen.  And a simple phone call was all it took for me.  Crazy to think I can have another person on the end of the phone and as we talk, the angels start to sing.  And, I know she heard them too.
Peace doesn’t come from having all the answers.  Peace comes from asking for help, and then turning it over to a power greater than ourselves.  Most of the things in life we face that bring us to our knees are so much easier to carry with the help of a “bosom friend”.  So, today, I am thankful for my dear friend who helped me yesterday.  And for the many friends in days past who have been there for me regardless of the circumstances.  After all, we are all in this together.  On some level, we are all connected.  Some more closely than others, but when we are suffering, it is never alone.
Who are you thankful for today?

Believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Feel free to share!