When you need something to believe in, start with YOURSELF

Monday, March 17, 2014

The Longest Winter. Ever.

This has been THE LONGEST WINTER EVER.  Really.  I don’t think I saw this much snow when I lived at the base of the mountains in Utah.  I feel like mother nature is the enemy.  She doesn’t want me to see clients, run errands, and she definitely thinks me being within four walls with four kids for days on end is a good idea.  If she were a person, I have thoughts of punching her in the face.  I mean, she obviously doesn’t care I have things to do.  And, thoughts of those things run through my mind endlessly because I am anticipating her throwing another storm at me.  So, I won’t be cutting hair or running to Target for the 100th time.  She is so rude.
When I got the recording from the school this morning, (I now know it by heart), I tearfully cursed under my breath and realized I will be in the same situation I have been in way too many times this year.  No session with the personal trainer today.  No doctor’s appointments or dental appointments.  All the running around for kids I have been dreading all weekend.
Then I stopped.  Why on Earth would I curse this mother nature chick for giving me exactly what I needed?  A day at home with four of the most amazing people in my life.  A baby who has just started to crawl.  (Everywhere).  A teenager who will soon be graduating in just a few short months.  And two boys who make me laugh daily. 
So, Miss Mother Nature,  I am going to give you this one.  I am going to embrace what will probably be the last snow day of the year.  I am going to let the day be what it is supposed to be.  A day with my favorite people.  A day of rest.  A day to embrace the little things I miss on a day to day basis.  I am going to thank you for making me stop today.  And, most importantly, while I am out shoveling the driveway I am going to thank you for the extra workout I will get this week.
To all of my facebook peeps, is complaining about it really going to do anything?  Nah.  So, Justin Berk, I am going to let you have this one.  Though I don’t have “faith in the flakes” as you want me to, I do have faith that today I am exactly where I am meant to be.  And, I’m pretty sure, I just heard those angels singing.

Believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Feel free to share!